Toxic people, thoughts, food, drink, situations... they can all be addicting. And it's hard for people to let go of whatever is toxic for them. This is going to be a year of change for me. A year of letting go of some of the toxic in my life. #18 on the list below resonates with me. I think for me it's easier to focus on what's going on with someone else, than it is to focus on what's going on with me. My gut has been telling me this for awhile now, but sometimes it takes reading it on a list like this to wake up. If it means less attention where it used to be, then that's where my path needs to lead. And I'm ready for that. Facebook is another biggie for me. And let's face it... Facebook isn't always the most positive place to spend your time. I love staying in touch with people, I especially love all the photos & talking about Zumba... but Facebook can be toxic drama at it's finest. Or is that just in my news feed? Why fill your thoughts with that, when you can spend that time with positive people in real life instead? Or maybe even just spend that time alone in the craftroom, actually accomplishing some scrapbooking for once? Less is more when it comes to Facebook. Bryn thinks I need to do less texting as well. I'm really trying, but frankly it's better than constantly talking on the phone, right?? I could probably stand to do a little less chips & wine too. Just because I work-out for a living doesn't make it ok. But I'm aiming for contentment this year... not perfection. Plus my idea of contentment involves some chips & wine, so... what can I say?
Do I have a lot of toxic in my life? NO... very little. Toxic, in whatever form, is something only YOU can allow though...OR not allow.
What's your toxic? Maybe it's keeping you from exercising or leading a healthier life? What are you saying good-bye to or hello to this year? Anything on this list strike a chord for you?
20 things to let go of in order to reach happiness (article found here)...
1. Let go of all thoughts that don't make you feel empowered and strong.
2. Let go of feeling guilty for doing what you truly want to do.
3. Let go of the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself.
4. Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
5. Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
6. Let go of blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don’t like something, you have two choices, accept it or change it.
7. Let go of thinking you are damaged; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are.
8. Let go of thinking your dreams are not important; always follow your heart.
9. Let go of being the “go-to person” for everyone, all the time; stop blowing yourself off and take care of yourself first … because you matter.
10. Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
11. Let go of thinking there's a right and wrong way to do things or to see the world. Enjoy the contrast and celebrate the diversity and richness of life.
12. Let go of cheating on your future with your past. It’s time to move on and tell a new story.
13. Let go of thinking you are not where you should be. You are right where you need to be to get to where you want to go, so start asking yourself where you want to go.
14. Let go of anger toward ex lovers and family. We all deserve happiness and love; just because it is over doesn’t mean the love was wrong.
15. Let go of the need to do more and be more; for today, you've done the best you can, and that's enough.
16. Let go of thinking you have to know how to make it happen; we learn the way on the way.
17. Let go of your money woes — make a plan to pay off debt and focus on your abundance.
18. Let go of trying to save or change people. Everyone has her own path, and the best thing you can do is work on yourself and stop focusing on others.
19. Let go of trying to fit in and be accepted by everyone. Your uniqueness is what makes you outstanding.
20. Let go of self-hate. You are not the shape of your body or the number on the scale. Who you are matters, and the world needs you as you are. Celebrate you!