Things have been somewhat busy around here, not necessarily doing anything of HUGE importance, but busy nonetheless. Here's the lowdown if you're wondering where I've been & why I haven't blogged since well... Wednesday... LOL
- Helping my 6th grader with daily homework & studying for tests
- Having lunch with a sweet friend from Zumba
- Teaching my own Zumba class AND subbing for another instructor
- Got a card picked up for publication in Scrapbook Trends magazine for their March 2013 issue... Woot! It's been awhile!
- A chemical peel at the spa. This aging face ain't going down without a fight!
- Eating lettuce wraps while at a "skinny wrap" party at my friend's house
- Doing spin class at the Y & running on my treadmill
- Hiding in my house while my face is peeling
- Bringing dinner to my parent's house while my mom is recovering from hip surgery
- Watching the Cardinals kick some major BUTT on Friday night... WHAT A GAME!!!
- Ordering 11 Zumba tank tops for the instructors to wear at our upcoming Zumbathon (It's gonna be FUN!!)
- Doing lunch + shopping with my crazy daughter on her day off school
- Working on new choreography for my Zumba class
- Doing a little scrapbooking
- And making cards... which is where my favor comes in...
I received a very upsetting email from Nikki Sivils on Friday. Her sweet former assistant, Lanie, who moved to Chicago earlier this year and who I met during the Summer CHA Trade Show 2010, has been diagnosed with malignant melanoma. She has 20 cancerous tumors in her body... breast, ovaries, stomach, lung and tumors on her back & neck. She's only 33 years old and she is very sick. And quite frankly, I was just sick to hear this news.
Nikki has asked for help sending cards to Lanie to keep her spirits up, as well as sending "thank you" cards for Lanie to have on hand to send to her friends & family that have been helping her during this time. You can read all the details on Nikki's blog on how you can help.
And if you're not a card-maker... perhaps you could just say a prayer for her? I think she could use a lot of prayer right now.
Thank you VERY much, friends.