Yes there is life outside the gym. I know right? Odd.
Granted it may sometimes include scrapbooking, but that is "a life" nonetheless.
And yes, I probably need to get a life, but I am very proud of all those books.
But damn... I have finished quite a few pages for the scrapbooks in the last couple months. Which means I'm on a creative roll here. Or just a hermit hiding in my craft room sometimes. Yay me.
But I was looking through Facebook photos recently & it made me wonder if it appears to others that all I do is workout & go out with my friends, because that couldn't be farther from the truth. The reality is... that's all that is "tagged" of me.
I usually don't post regular status updates on Facebook unless it involves teaching classes, really.
Or at least something funny or positive.
Can't call me Negative Nelly. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
And yes, my friends & I all take a ridiculous amount of pictures. In the gym & outside the gym. Especially on that once or twice a month night out we all finally get to hang out with each other. It's a sickness really. Duck face anyone?
But I don't do a "status update"...
- When I just got out of bed with bad hair, bad breath & old pj's and I'm making sure Bryn gets out the door on time.
- When I'm sitting by myself after class eating lunch at Crazy Bowls or Bread Co because really I'm just happy eating after I workout whether anyone else is there or not. Just please don't explode the green salsa all over my back & hat when I'm minding my own business.
- When I'm standing at the front door sometimes with a towel on my head (because I finally took a shower) waiting for Bryn to walk home from the bus. Because you can bet your sweet ass I'll sprint down the street barefoot in a towel if anyone messes with her on the way home.
- When I'm driving from cheerleading clinic to volleyball practice & stopping in between for gas & Gatorade. I mean, really... sometimes people do post these dramatic events.
- When I'm in the background of the 25th Snapchat that Bryn sends to her friends daily. And trying to cover my face because I've got bad hair, bad breath & old pj's on.
- When I'm sitting in the bleachers for about 8 hours of volleyball.
- When I'm walking through the grocery store laughing out loud at a text on my phone & people are looking at me.
- When I'm making dinner & someone asks why I always make grilled chicken & salad. Umm... because I like it?
- When I'm walking through Target AGAIN & wondering what the hell I came there for because I forgot my list, only to realize when I get home what it is that I forgot.
- When I have a migraine for 2 days in a row, but I workout & resume daily life anyway. Laying in bed all day is for chumps.
- When I'm sitting at my laptop working on my playlist, working on Zumba choreography & memorizing new BODYPUMP tracks in the craft room, because I'm fairly sure no one else in the house wants to hear the same song 18 times in a row while I'm memorizing.
And yes, all these sometimes funny, random, every day life things happen, but they happen to all of us. So I let the fun stuff get tagged & keep the rest in my messed up head.
Keep people guessing. Less is more.
Unless we're talking about pictures and then more is more. LOL
And speaking of those Snapchat photos... a I managed to snag a couple of them for this page. Lots of selfies with my crazy picture taking daughter. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. And these selfies are just a few of MANY more that were taken over the last year & 1/2. Most of them I never even see... as they get sent right to her friends.
Could not love that girl more than I do.
Okie dokie then... time to brush my hair & my teeth and get this party started...